Why would I want to use a docking station?
The standard Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C docks are incredibly useful pieces of equipment. They transform your laptop into a complete workstation that you can connect nearly all your peripherals (mouse, keyboard, cameras, etc.) to with a single cable.
While google services can easily make all saved work accessible from any device, using the same device can ensure that you have all your files and programs ready and accessible even if you forgot to save it to Drive.
Also, with the Covid-19 pandemic, staff absences are much more frequent than ever before. Having a reliable and consistent way for substitutes and other full-time staff to take control of your classroom equipment when you're absent will ensure that class can continue on with minimal technical interruptions.
All you need to do to connect your laptop to your docking station is take the USB-C cable coming from your dock and plug it into your laptop's USB-C port.
Dock ports labeled (back):
USB Icon Reference Chart:
How can I fix this problem?
- While your laptop is connected, ensure that the power button on the top of your dock is solid white in color.
- If the light is not on, make sure your dock's power cable is securely connected.
- If the light is flashing or orange in color, try pressing the power button on your dock.
- Make sure all cables are securely connected to your dock, including the USB-C cable that connects to your laptop.
- Unplug the USB-C cable from your laptop, wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the cable back into laptop and see if your dock is now responsive.
- Repeat the above steps at least 2 times before moving on.
- Disconnect the device from the dock and restart it.
- Once it has restarted, reconnect it to your dock.
It is still not working.
- If your device is still not working after trying the steps above, please submit a help desk ticket.