District 87 supports the replacement of Smart Panels in grades PreK-2.
SmartBoards (including Promethean) in grades 3-12 are in their 10th year or more. The boards are typically mounted to a wall and work with an associated projector which is connected to a computer. More of these boards are breaking down and beyond repair. When boards, projectors or associated components are not working properly, a technology helpdesk ticket should be opened.
Smartboards in grades 3-12 are considered "end of life" and will be supported via"best effort", which means technicians will attempt to fix mechanical issues. If the fix requires parts, replacement, or more than reasonable "best effort", the affected boards will not be supported. If you would like a Smart Board that is "end of life" removed, please submit a Facilities helpdesk ticket for removal.
Projection units will continued to be supported / replaced as needed in grades 3-12
1. Technician responds to a helpdesk ticket and determines if the smartboard has non-mechanical issues which cannot be repaired.
2. If non-functioning, the technician makes a private note in the helpdesk ticket, with Jim Peterson and Tammi Lapinski to get approval for replacement. With Tammi being included so that she can keep track of stock of the interactive panels at the ESC.
3. If approved, the building technician opens a ticket with facilities with the building, room #, and any other instructions needed.
4. Facilities picks up the interactive flat panel from the ESC, takes down the old smart board, mounts the new interactive panel, and returns the defective smart board to the ESC for recycling. Facilities closes the ticket which notifies the technician.
5. The technician verifies with the teacher the interactive panel has been installed and working correctly.
6. Tammi orders another interactive panel to replace the one removed from the ESC.